Hi Roland,
The AIS 200/4 Micro was the first really expensive lens I bought.  I have
about 10 years of experience with it.  It is a very good lens and I still
own it although I did buy the AF version a couple of years ago.  There are
many ways to get to greater magnification with the manual focus 200 micro:
use a TC14B, use a PN11 extension tube, or as you asked about use a 3T or
4T close-up diopter.  On the advice of a well-known nature photographer I
turned the 3T&4T glass around - ie unscrewed the retainer rings and
inverted the glass then reattached retainer rings.  The story was/is that
the closer the "filters" are to the front element the sharper the result.
To tell you the truth, I'm not keen enough to see any difference, but I'm
too lazy to turn the glass back around!  The MF 200/4 micro isn't perfect:
the tripod collar is clunky (but I'd rather have a clunky collar than
none!) and focus is pretty touchy.  Like I say, I still like it enough to
keep it.  It's a wonderful wildflower "portait" lens.