> I have heard that Canon builts a 50/1.0,
        > is it possible to use an adaptor for this
        > lens.

        While most of us applaud Nikon for maintaining
        the same lens mount for all these years, this
        is one area where we have to give something up
        because of it.

        The rear element of the shorter lenses sits so
        close to the mount that the inside diameter of
        the mount limits the maximum aperture possible.

        I don't it's possible to achieve f1.0 with a
        50mm lens given the current Nikon mount.

        -Don