> I have a question concerning the AE-Lock feature on my F70. The manual
> says in page number 74 that if you want to use the AE-L button, you
> should select spot or center weighted metering. Does anyone understand
> why? If I lock exposure on a gray-like surface, then matrix metering
> should deliver the same exposure value as center weighted or spot!

When I read that instruction it made sense on the basis that the purpose of
locking exposure is to decide what element(s) in the frame should determine
the set exposure.  With Matrix you cannot be sure what elements the camera
has chosen to determine exposure.  If, for example, you are photographing a
person against the sun you may want to expose for the persons face or
silhouette the person against the sun.  With matrix, it will probably go for
the latter, even if you lock the exposure.  Using the spot meter will allow
you to lock on the face and blow out the sky or lock on the sky and let the
person be dark.

Alex