Dear Nikon freaks,

I was suddenly asked by a friend of mine to photograph her wedding ceremony
at the church yesterday. I have just sold my 35-70/2.8 (too big, heavy for
2X zoom), so I took my 28/2.8 AIS, 50/1.8 AF and 85/1.8 AFD. I also took my
Pentax ZX5N with 43/1.9 Limited as a backup.

So, with my trusty F90X (w/MF26 and MB10), I got my self to the church and
was very surprised ! That is a small church, quite narrow and the seats are
very close. I wished I had a 28-70 or something, so the 28/2.8AIS is my only
option. I shot 3 rolls (2 rolls on Nikon, 1 roll on Pentax), all were shot
using the 28 and 43. This morning, I had my films processed, and thank God -
the SB26 and Sunpak G4500 combo on Nikon is outstanding! The Pentax (with
Metz32 and built in flash) is not as good (though the 43/1.9 is
very-very-very sharp). The close-ups I shot with the 28/2.8 are undistorted,
and at the group shots, there is NO single linear distortion on the
interiors. All of the 3 rolls are perfectly exposed, not even one failed -
but Nikon's exposure is clearly superior, though I'm not using the AF-D
lenses.

I usually use zooms for wedding, and a 105 for close ups, this is the first
time I use 28/2.8 AIS alone ! God, I don't understand why the new 28/2.8D is
nowhere near the AIS......

Regards,

Winston S.