Hi,

Tube wrote: >>So my choice is narrowing to F601, 801, 801s, 90, 90x.<<

        Why don't you give the GUI a rest, and try a simpler style. Find a nice
used F3 and spend 10 years or so using it. The more I work with the N90s
that I have borrowed, the more I miss the simplicity of the F3 or FE. So
much of the intuitive feel for the image gets lost while fiddling with
the gadget. Sometimes I think the new cameras are all about using the
camera, mastering the machine, not making images. I know this
perspective is not popular, and could promote devolving to the box
camera, but there are quite a few FM2n being sold as time passes. There
was a time when I wanted a N90s, moving there from the N6006, but not
now. I want to shoot photos, not spend half my time with a Magic Lantern
guide. A camera can be many things, from tool to toy, and it looks like
the toys are winning.
        Stewart may have the right idea.
        Adios,

                        Bill Hilburn Jr.