Roger Beregeron wrote:

'Got backed up reading the Nikon digests.
Concerning grip handle for the FM2-

There is one put out for about $70+ship called the 'F-Grip':
which will fit FM, FM2, FE &FE2
(If the company is still making and selling them! Got flyer and
sales mgr letter (from Mr. Paulsen) on 3/97)

Advertisment reads-  F-Grip is 3.5 oz, made out of Aircraft
aluminum, black, with stainless steel mounting screw via the
tripod hole. An alternate tripod mount is provided, and film
Great for one-handed photographer who must hand-hald strobes,
switch lenses, use slow shutter speeds. (and helps to avoid
dropping the camera)

(Personally, I've hesitated because MD-12 can be picked up in
used condition for about another $70. Though, the grip would be
lighter.)

Address:  PHOTO EQUIP
A Division of Apogee Inc.
17309 Bay Circle
Wayzata, MN   55391
phone/fax (612) 473-6243

Best Regards,
 Roger Bergeron

I am sorry since I missed the preceding post but is there something
similar for the F3?  I have the MD4 which is a great motor drive but
there are times I just wish for a grip without the weight.  Any input
would be appreciated if someone knows of something similar for the F3.