Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply either personally or via the
list about my difficulities with B&H Photo.  I have been in touch again
with Henry Posner, who assures me that it's being taken care of.  This is
actually my third go around with B&H on unrelated matters, and as usual
Henry insists that it isn't their fault.  Frankly, I don't know who is
responsible for something like this, Nikon insists it's the dealer, the
dealer insists it's Nikon, etc.

In any event, Mr. Posner was kind enough to offer me a free guide book for
my trouble, and I'm withholding judgement until I see if my warranty
arrives in the mail... within the next 5 days.