Hello, Rijkard and all

The F60 (US version N60) will not be able to autofocus with AF-S lenses.

The reason is that Nikon have made that impossible, by omitting some
software (and possibly hardware) components for the in-lens motor. Your
friend will find this information on page 32 and 33 in his manual (english
version assumed).

If someone has more information about any possibility of upgrading the F60
to use AF-S Lenses, I would be interested to hear about it.

Anders Svensson