Hi,

No, this is correct.

The camera is simply showing you what happens when you move the lens
further away from the film plane - the relative speed of the lens
diminishes because the light strength falls off by the square of the
distance.

This was a problem that everybody knew about before the advent of TTL
meters, and I think that Nikon even made a Micro-Nikkor that compensated
for this by varying the actual aperture to be larger.

Anders

*** Copy below ******

** End copy ***********