Anil,

The Nikon F4 is the only one of the newer generation of autofocus
cameras which will allow you to utilize matrix metering with AI and AIS
manual focus lenses.  It also has a small meter coupling tab that can be
flipped up out of the way for using pre-AI manual focus lenses. However,
with these lenses only "stop-down metering can be used. Being an "F"
series professional camera body, it has a mirror lock up feature as well
as a depth of field preview.

As far as working "amazingly better,"  I don't think that is necessarily
so.  It is in a class by itself as far as pre-AI lenses are concerned.
However with AI and AIS lenses, the 6006, 8008 (and s,)N70, N90 (and s,)
F100, and F5 allow the photographer to use either spot or center-
weighted metering which work, in my humble opinion, amazingly well.
Don't get me wrong, I love my F4 but I also like and use my N90s with my
manual lenses almost indiscriminately.  I don't love the N90s but I did
have a very positive, strong reaction to the first F100 I had a chance
to handle the other day.  If I end up with an F100, it too will be used
with a mixed assortment of manual AI, AIS, and autofocus lenses.

I hope this helps.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Mel Hughes
Chattanooga, TN
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything."   Euripedes