I just peeked into haxe. Not that I didn't know it, I just was never interested
in it, because it's object oriented in the java way with all. Apart from the
fact that it forces this object oriented programming paradigm that I alread
learned to dislike from Java, it seems to be designed pretty ok. Some things
seem to be a real compromise between all target languages, but others seem to
be good. There are even macros, and so far I couldn't fide a reason to bash
them for being useless. But so far I did not try them out.