> I just posted you the address, I am from Aachen so yes in Germany.

Got it. I will bookmark it in my mail folder, so i can send you the book later.
If you change adres, do not forget to update. ;)

> But it's said that you've decided for the wrong language

_lol_ ... Each there own. ;)

> Interesting; what's your movtivation to make the move from Nim to Haxe; would
> you mind giving details of your decision?

There are a few reasons, like disadvantage that i see:

**Nim:**

  * Single developer focus at the moment. And while this is great at the start,
its something that can not be sustained.
  * 1.0 is still a unknown. Development is focused on this but there are still
parts that linger around.
  * Python syntax that limits the amount of developers.

It matter because next year i plan on starting a development company and there
needs to be a focus on one language that can do multiple avenues. Part of my
thinking is simply that the more simple / faster the language is to get into,
the more easy it is to hire developers.

**Haxe:**

  * Multiple developers, with the lead developer working full time on the
project.
  * Financially its more supported with the Haxe Foundation.
  * Long time out of beta. There seems to be a much faster development focus.
  * Has much more a C/C++/PHP syntax. And will make converting developers more
easy. I can find more easily people that have a C-language background.
  * Large amount of output platforms ( JS, Java, Lua, C++, PHP, Python, Neko
etc ).
  * Useful website with code examples, try design etc. So more easy again to
bring in / convert new developers.
  * There is also the HL Target ( not announced ) what seems to be a JIT
compiler for turning the Language into a more standalone fast language instead
of a interpreter language.
  * More developed 2D/3D lib. Just as a example, this is one of the game in
development with Haxe.
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRvPbAvzrM](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRvPbAvzrM)

**C/C++/PHP:**

In my case, from a C / PHP background, it just feels more natural. The
developers i know are all much more familiar in such a background. Last week
showing a colleague some quick sort Haxe code, he instantly understood the code
and noticed the few differences in design. The same did not happen with similar
Nim code.

**Business:**

This is not to dish Nim. Araq did a great job on Nim and made it into a
impressive language. But i am looking at it from a business point of view. That
is also why i was such a pain in Araq's behind about the Caps / Team standard
issue :).

By having a language that can feel natural to a larger group of developers and
yet is more future proof / targeting multiple platforms. And knowing that there
is more development going on.

Because of my business design, the language i needed needs to be easy, fast but
support multiple avenues ( web, gaming, system ) with the ability to switch
away from one more easily. When you write a piece of code to benchmark and
quickly compile it to 7 language platforms ( if you have the compilers
installed ), you feel all giddy. :)

Haxe & Nim do share a lot of background but in all honesty ( do not take this
too hard ), Nim still feels like a amateur / non-business focused project.
Technically Nim is more advanced as a language but it comes at a cost of
readability. The whole {} design feels too much tacked on the language to
extend the functionality.

If i need to hire people and they need to learn the whole language / meta
programming, it also cost money. Money that does not go into actually improving
the products.

Anyway. Its less the features as the entire package that moved me to Haxe.

**Points for improvement for Nim:**

  * Weekly newsletters like Haxe:
[https://haxe.io/roundups/367](https://haxe.io/roundups/367)/ (
[https://haxe.io](https://haxe.io)/ )
  * Better repository:
[http://lib.haxe.org](http://forum.nim-lang.org///lib.haxe.org)/
  * Better ( default included ) Lib management: See HaxeLib ... No need to
compile, include in your project. Its standard.
  * Better website: [https://haxe.org](https://haxe.org)/
  * Better news with more items ( like tutorials etc ):
[https://haxe.org/blog](https://haxe.org/blog)/
  * Try out Nim:
[http://try.haxe.org](http://forum.nim-lang.org///try.haxe.org)/
  * Searchable documentation. ;) I know, docs are being worked upon.
  * Communication ... its just lacking, limited.
  * ...

* * *

I wish Araq and the community all the best with Nim. :)

* * *

_Little stab below the belt:_ **Haxe** _you can search more easily in Google
unlike_ **Nim** _/ Nimrod._ _gniffel_ :)