I did not try Vulkan yet, but I read a lot about it. More control and so on.
And a unified API for both mobile and desktop. Even more things that you can do
wrong and get a black screen without feedback is not really somethign I am
looking forward to. My library is trying to get exactly this part away from
OpenGL. Maybe because of this, my approach would be especially helpful for
Vulkan developers, but I cannot tell without actually trying it out. Also I
read articles on how to get Vulkan like performance with modern OpenGL
techniques. Eventually I think Vulkan is very important for GPU developers,
because implementing Vulkan might be much easier than implementing OpenGL (but
they already did implement OpenGL so that factor doesn't not really count at
this moment). And Vulkan might be very important for the big engiens like
Unreal Unity and Source. Simply an environment where money and time to develop
does not matter that much if it provides more performance.

So my answer to that is, let the dust settle. Don't be the first one who jumps
on Vulkan and regret it later.