looks like this is a kind of intrusive serializer. I usually avoid using
intrusive serializer and prefer non-intrusive one. But I believe your library
can be modified to support non-intrusive mode too, because you already using
macros, and Nim macros can easily handle non-intrusive serializer.

why I prefer non-intrusive serializer?

Imagine I already using a huge library with tons of objects. Then one day I
decide that I need to serialize those objects, it would be painful if the
serializer only in intrusive mode because I have to annotate each of the
objects. But if the serializer also support non-intrusive mode, I don't need to
modify my huge library. I just need to serialize it and done.

anyway, what you have done is awesome.