Doesn't [!ffmpeg](http://ffmpeg.org/) already support most of this?

Granted that ffmpeg is implemented in C(with some ASM), but it wouldn't be all
that difficult to wrap. Someone crazy enough and who has enough time on their
hands may be even to fully port it to Nim.

I agree with most everyone else that Video/Audio manipulation should not be a
core feature. I do think it is reasonable that the core language makes it
simple for someone to write libraries for such a task. I believe this is
already the case judging by the fact that multiple audio/visual libraries
already exist for Nim.

The codec issue that was brought up by @krux02 is a very real one. Many video
compression formats are proprietary. Even the non-proprietary ones are
numerous. Trying to implement core language support for this kind of thing
would involve a lot of work including testing and constant feature requests.
This would detract from more important concerns like bug fixes, compiler
optimizations, and documentation improvements.

Nim is already taking a while to get to 1.0. Trying to tack on additional
stdlib features is not what the Nim community needs to focus on at the moment.