@Krux02

> The interface construct in Go works very different from the interface
> construct in Java

I had to say I didn't see any advantage of Go interface.

> Can you tell me why your foobar in your functional solution has a function as
> argument, instead of just passing it an int directly?

This is just a demo. proc sort(x: var openarray[int], cmp: (a: int, b: int) ->
bool) describes more.

> Remember in functional programming functions may not have side effects.

"may not have side effects" ? Really?

I'm a fans of Scheme language which is a Lisp dialect. I hate Haskell. I hate
pure function. I think they are not realistic.

Side effects exsits in Scheme. You can call set! to change any external
variable anytime.