The interface construct in Go works very different from the interface construct
in Java. And I did explain the differences. Please don't assume because you
know how `interface` in java works, you know how `interface` in go works. I
will add a note in my original post, so further people who read this do not
make the same wrong assumtion as you did.

Can you tell me why your `foobar` in your functional solution has a function as
argument, instead of just passing it an `int` directly? Remember in functional
programming functions may not have side effects.