As I stated, Nim was not installed via these distros, and was being installed
per the process given on Nim's website.

Putting in the suggested PATH did solve the problem though, so thanks.

    $ export PATH=~/nim-0.17.0/bin:$PATH

However, this just highlights the inadequacies of the installation
instructions|documentation.

Instead of the online instruction just saying **"Configuring the PATH
environment variable"** it should explictly provide the correct procedure, as
given here, which would have precluded this whole confusion and discussion.

It's these type of little things that cause unnecessary frustrations and shy
people away from using new things.

Please think about the things that could potentially go wrong, then create
instructions and documentation that will prevent them.

Maybe the discussioin on this topic should be put into its own thread so that
my original thread topic can remain in focus here.