When comparing Linux which has case sensitive file names and Windows that
doesn't, Windows is easier. Both have their conventions but it's easier when
you have some flexibility. Similarly, having Nim take care of style is nice and
convenient.

The note in the wiki is quite reasonable and so is the feature. Most
importantly, it gives you the freedom to write your code the way you want. Each
organization can have their own way and the language gives you that
flexibility. Now, Nim has its own convention to keep things consistent as an
organization - NEP1 and all - but you don't need to adhere with that thanks to
style insensitivity.

It took me some time to understand the motivation and I am for it. Overall,
this hasn't affected me in all the Nim code I've read and written so far.

I'd argue that it should be completely insensitive (leading _ is okay since you
encounter that with wrapping all the time) and I'm against removing the feature.