@moerm \- We get you like Nim and that it suits your use case(s) fine.

It still doesn't make any of what I said, untrue.

@mratsim \- yes I think Nim is well-suited to ML, Data Science, Crypto etc...

I know Parallelism is difficult - but Nim makes things even more difficult.
OpenMP is nice in certain applications, but definitely not all.

I mentioned I didn't think Nim was attempting to replace C/C++ but instead
compete - and I can't honestly say, at this point, that it's a competitor that
can replace that language given the tasks I want to accomplish.

It's not like I was nitpicking or finding obscure reasons to bash Nim, or
picking on insignificant things like style insensitivity.

RAII, Parallelism, Plugins - these are things that most C++ devs who are
building game engines or complex RT apps, are going to want.