Well noted, I'm not at all opposed to what you wish. It's just that I don't
agree with it being the big turbo for Nims uptake.

For a start, very many if not most professionals have little choice anyway;
projects are done in whatever language management decides. The next major user
group are the hobbyists and experience shows that their top priorities in
choosing a language is ease of use and coolness; most of them will stick with
Python, javascript, PHP and will consider many of Nims advantages as burdensome
and not worth the effort. The third group (coming from all corners be it
professional or hobbyists) is what I call the "maximum hunters" who for
whatever reason happened to choose one attribute, often speed, as the only
really important one.

Moreover (imo) developers are a lot less "political" (and a lot more socially
driven) than lots of noise from diverse groups might make it look like. Most of
those who do get to choose their language choose what their peers and/or social
environment consider great and for what lots of tools are available, incl. a
fat IDE. Don't get me wrong but just look at what most Nim developers chose:
The fattest and worst piece of editor-monstrosity of all, VSC; why? Probably
because it offered the easiest way to get support for Nim done.

Also don't underestimate the immense damage the GNU activists (now in the
second wave followed by social/diversity/hot chocolate activists) have created.
I've seen enough clients whose first and very mistrusting question is "is it
GPL poisoned? Is there _any_ piece of GPL infested code in the software? If yes
just leave, good bye". Add to that the (not at all) funny zoo of licences that
bewilders and confuses people incl. many developers.

Yes, Nim has a good and really free license. But I think you got it wrong.
People don't chose a language for its license; they do _not_ choose it if it
has the wrong one. Small but decisive difference. Nims license _was_ indeed one
(of many) point when I chose Nim but it was just a "non poisonous license?
Check". The real and major reasons for me choosing Nim are probably known by
now.

No matter who is right here, I do not hope (because size of user base is not
important to me) but I do think that Nim will continue to attract - and keep -
developers. It has no major negative issue (like e.g. a poisonous license) and
it has a convincing set of positive features and factors to offer. And, that's
important, being small and not in the big spot light also keeps a lot of
trouble away and keeps us really free. Let's just continue to grow at our own
pace.