Maybe Chinese is indeed special, but generally splitting and fragmenting can be
very bad. For example German wikipedia -- english content is in most cases much
better and easier to understand than german content. For computer programming
-- one of the few good german books I read was from N. Wirth 30 years ago, I am
not aware of other really good CS books in german languages. This is even more
true for books about physics. My only good experience with native language
groups was in the past with Latex and electronics in usenet, something like
de.lang.latex and de.sci.electronics. Experience was good, because these
communities contained some german speaking experts that time. But Araq and
mratsim seems to speak Chinese not that well, so some other chinese speaking
experts would be needed.

Generally my impression is that native language groups are fine for kids and
very old people. But today learning english is even more important than
learning C language, and my feeling is that Chinese people with a scientific
background are very good in English.