> This shouldn't depend on the core team. People in the FLOSS communities
> should be more proactive - don't wait for "The Center" to give orders.

I'm agreed to you very much, I also think open source community need more
people to do something spontaneously.

> (Sad that IRC is no longer the first chat protocol to be mentioned...)

Unfortunately, that may be the case. More and more Web Programmers and Software
Developer don't to use IRC, maybe they don't even know what it is.I don't know
if it is only happend in China. Like @zulu said,we use Wechat or Tencent QQ
totally.

Of course, many chinese programmers still like irc who like trying some new
things(eg: new OS or new language),they often use linux.