The word "popular" is maybe a bad word and I can understand that somebody can
disagree with it.

@edu500ac, you are passionate of Lisp and I understand that you are heap up
when a guy say that a good language is a popular language. Lisp is certainly a
good language and as you say lot of great applications or libraries was
developed with it. But I'm an industrial developer and I create architecture
and develop code for embedded board where the performance and an perfect memory
management is primordial. We use C/C++ and my scientist co-workers use MatLab
and Python to develop and test algorithm quickly. And my clients need code in C
and C++ especially when your program must works in autonomous car or in a space
robot like ExoMars. Then yes, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal etc are maybe great
languages but they don't support all platforms or architectures and few people
know them in my field of work.

Languages change, evolve and sometime disappear, now CNRS use Python instead of
Scilab/Matlab to make scientific algorithms and some big companies (Electronic
Arts, Red Hat) use RUST instead of C++. Why not Nim ? I like Nim because I can
write easily my code and it offers me the capability to use my libraries in C++
in my personal project. Maybe one day in my work or never.

Thank you @mratsim for nimterop, I'll try it with OpenCV. Use GDB in Windows in
not a solution because when I work on Windows then I use the Visual C++
compiler and never mingw. Yes only 3 paid full-time developers working on Nim
and it's pity but I prefer this rather than a big company behind a language
like Sun with Java.