Hello there!

Thank you very much for your reply, Ernst!
I am sorry but I couldn't understand exactly what is the problem and how do
I fix it...
I did build my kernel from source, doing the things recommended in
readme.redhat of nistnet:
turn off module versioning and
install the enchanced real time clock support as module

Also before making nistnet i had to
- apply a patch before making nistnet as in:
http://www.stabellini.net/nistnet.html

- change the code of nistnet_table.c myself (This is because I am using a
more recent kernel (2.6.22-9) than the patch is good for, and there was a
modification on the kernel I use... I can get you more details if you want)
I am not a linux expert, so it's possible I made some mistake in these
steps...

To call nistnet, I do make the famous steps of:
mknod /dev/hitbox c 62 0
mknod /dev/nistnet c 62 1
chown root /dev/hitbox
chown root /dev/nistnet
mknod /dev/mungebox c 63 0
chown root /dev/mungebox
mknod /dev/spybox c 64 0
chown root /dev/spybox

and then I do a:
rmmod rtc
modprobe nistnet
cnistnet -u

my output for: cnistnet -G is:
Emulator is: On
Average processed packet overhead 3 usec
Average unprocessed packet overhead 3 usec
Average hash tries 0

The command: cat /proc/interrupts shows 0 interrupts for irq 8.
I can see this is a problem, but I don't know why this happens, and neither
how to fix it...

Thank you for your patience!

Gabriel