On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Jack Coats <j...@coats.org> wrote:
> Try setting your router for another channel that is less used.  That way you
> might not be 'hammered' as badly.
It sounds like essentially every channel is, more or less, equally as
crowded and strong...

If I were in that situation, I'd probably fire up Netstumbler and get
a detailed list of what's in use.  Maybe channels 10 and 11 have only
weak signals, for example?

Although I've never used it myself, MIMO systems may be more immune to
the noise...

And, of course, you could completely abandon the overcrowded 2.4GHz
band... Wireless A anybody? ;)

> If you want to go the 'strange way', re-plaster your  outside walls and put
> chicken wire in them.
> Ground the chicken wire.  Now it keeps your RF inside, and their outside :)
> ... Faraday cages are good things.
Of course, that would also block your balcony use ;).