It's odd that all 22 channels would be saturated. As Chris said maybe you
have a bad piece of hardware. Even with overlap you can usually have at
least a few wireless networks sharing the same channel.

Another possibility is you have some kind of interference in your
neighborhood but I can't imagine what would interfere on both 2.4 Ghz and 5
Ghz. Wireless routers/NICs have no real problem with discriminating between
their traffic and your neighbors. The real issue is when you both talk at
the same time. What is supposed to happen is your NIC listens then if it's
clear it talks. If there is a collision both parties back off anad wait a
random period to talk again. If there are continual collisions the backoffs
get longer. So if you have something filling the air with noise you could
get the kind of behavior you are describing. As has been mentioned you may
want to scan to see what is out there. In Windows Netstumbler works for
a,b,and g but I'm not sure about n. Under Linux/*BSD Kismet works very well
for a,b,g and n. Either of these assume that you have a compatible wireless
card. Netstumbler is an active scanner so it is detectable. Kismet is
passive so you have to wait for someone to broadcast but beacon packets will
get you a pretty good idea rather quickly and it is not detectable since it
does not send traffic. If you see tons of traffic on all channels with
either of these tools then you probably have a busy neighborhood. If you see
completely open channels but you still have trouble getting connected you
either have a hardware issue or something other than wireless networks
creating interference.