Ah yes, the backhoe incident.

After the smell of diesel fumes had cleared away and the IT manager got done
cussing the operator, BellSouth had someone on the scene to repair the two main
trunks that were severed in the process. Not only did everyone within 12 city
blocks lose their Internet, but most of them also lost their phone service, as
AT&T had recently just converted everything over from copper to fiber.

The moral of the story is, When one digs too deep, one often ends up in a pile
of sh*t.

Jim

P.S. No phone/Internet for three days, I think it was. Doubtful that having two
Comcast feeds would withstand a backhoe, natural disaster, or equipment
failure. Once your feed leaves the main trunk, it is still subject to whatever
may happen in the line between there and your house. Comcast still uses cable,
which if I'm not wrong still uses the terminating ends like the old 10 base-T
"thicknet."