----- Original Message -----
> grub2 supports efi . I don't think grub 1 does. This is one of things
> I noticed when I was playing with gentoo on itanium (one of the first
> architectures to incorporate efi). Isn't efi supposed to replace the
> bios eventually?

According to...
http://www.thinq.co.uk/2010/6/8/exclusive-msi-bios-will-be-dead-three-years/

UEFI is the next best thing coming that will kill bios.

So far the two big things for UEFI that I see is Seagate says you need
to have it for booting from drives larger than 2tb, and UEFI means bigger
flash for the UEFI image to be stored on the MB. So bigger drives and more
space for the image.

--
Steven Critchfield cri...@basesys.com