The new 5770 cards with GDDR5 are quite nicely priced at $150 after
rebate... I just bought the "overclocked" one by Diamond and so far I like
it, though I have not done ANYTHING that would use the 3d portion yet....
like I said I just got it... yesterday.

Almost all manufacturers use reference designs as their card manufacturing
process so they are all pretty much the same.  The overclocked models are
the same, they just have hand picked GPUs that are tested and stable at
higher clock speeds.

Andy