Make sure your power supply has enough juice for the card. New (1-2
years) video cards are energy hogs and they run HOT, especially if you
plan on running any last generation games or doing any high end
graphics design. I had to replace both my wife's HP and Son's Dell PSU
before I could upgrade the video card and ended up transplanting my
wife's MB into a better case with more fans because it kept on
shutting down due to overheating. She's running a GTS8800 right now.