Hey everyone,
  I am trying to read / copy the apache access.log file which is about a Gig
in size and it keeps telling me a process (apache) has locked the file and
my read / copy fails.  Unfortunately this is under windows (no options) so I
am looking for something to let me copy this file reliably without having
the error occur.  I considered just writing a perl script to read blocks of
the file (open, seek, read, close, write, repeat) and just retry if I get an
error on open or read but thought I would ask if anyone has or knows of a
free tool to do this already.

Thanks,

Andy