... I just want to confirm the instructions I found on how to restore GRUB so that I regain access to Linux after the Windows install overwrites the MBR.

This is what I found..........

===============================
Boot the system from a live CD

Open a Terminal session

To enter the GRUB configuration mode, type in "sudo grub" and press Enter and enter your password.
Then type in the following commands in sequence:
  root (hd0,2)  [tweaked to fit my drive/partitions]
  setup (hd0)
  quit
  exit

Boot into Linux and open up another Terminal session. Then, type in "sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst"

Scroll down to the bottom of the file and type in the following text strings:

title Windows
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

Is that correct?  Any thing else that I need to plan to do?

I know this is relatively simple, but I've grown tired of making "trial and error" config changes to this new install. :-)

Thanks!

JMJ