On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 04:10:21PM -0500, Chris McQuistion wrote:
> I have an existing CentOS installation and need to encrypt certain
> partitions.  Encrypting after the fact would be my preference, as
> re-installing this system would be rather complicated.

        To the best of my knowledge you can not use cryptsetup to
        encrypt an existing file system; the create / format operations
        will wipe the existing data.  There may have been some movement
        in this area I am unaware of, but I've not come across anything
        recently.

                                                        John

--
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price,
peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft

-- Teddy Roosevelt