----- Original Message -----
> Note that Vmware server appears to be on a
> sunset track though. With newer versions of linux, vmware server will
> probably continued to gradually have operational problems as VMware is
> no longer
> updating it to keep pace with linux and windows changes on the host
> end. Getting VMware server to run under Windows 7 (64bit in my case)
> was touch-n-go and, while I got it to mostly work, it is quirky. Shame
> really.

As more people are moving to the cloud, and linux has free offerings to do
windows virtualisation, and Microsoft has virtualisation offerings, and the
cloud tools are working to abstract away the real management of the differing
core virt tools, I see VMware becoming a smaller and smaller player until it
disappears. Why use a third party tool when there are free or supplied by a
vendor you already have tools.

--
Steven Critchfield cri...@basesys.com