On 01/29/2011 07:28 PM, df9 wrote:
I used Skype to talk with my daughters overseas but I was not happy
with the call quality.
Any suggestions on what to use?
I would like to have something that works like Skype on the
connections that are good on a VPN so I host the conversation with one
to four people.
Thanks
Dan

Dan,

The problem isn't the Skype program. The problem is latency on "the internet." If you know the public IP address of the endpoint (or close thereto), run a traceroute and see how many hops there are to that endpoint.

Latency = messed up communications. Data applications are designed to work with latency. Voice (and video) cannot.

Howard