Sure Michael,

I used the Odroid and the HackRF box to do some diagnostics on the local
video distribution system at TSU.  That worked better than grabbing my
old spectrum analyzer and toting it around (about 60 lbs worth).
The HackRF was able to handle much more bandwidth than the old spectrum
analyzer too.  That is with the understanding that the actual spectrum
display was less than 10 Mhz segments (instead of several 10s of Mhz for
a single scan).

I have also used it just as another terminal for various things from my
office.  Since I generally have the laptop with me anyway, it was
nothing critical.  However, the big deal about the Odroid is the very
low power requirement.  We can deploy these at various places with USB
hardware to do some things that otherwise would require a PC or laptop.

At some of the MTEARS sites we have generators.  Some have battery
backup.  I have been hoping we would have a third tier backup plan
eventually of solar panels and charging hardware.  Due to the cost that
hasn't happened yet.  We do have a plan on how to shed the load at the
repeater sites.  If the power available becomes much less than normal,
drop off the repeaters we don't need and the power amplifiers on some of
these installations.  Being able to run the Odroids off of 5v at very
low power they are ideal for computer duty for these sites.  If they
crash you swap the MicroSD card (or the Odroid if it is damaged) and
your back in business.

Eventually, as one of the uses for these we hope to be able to use them
for streaming audio between sites.  Currently these sites are using old
analog links, and that would still be something we want to keep
available, but if the Odroid is used for audio linking we can
reconfigure the topology of the network if we would like to link
machines into each other as we deem necessary, not where everything is
on the same audio feed, as it is now.

That is a start....

Dave