In light of the no mix-n-match monitor switching with physical dual monitor
KVM's, I've reached some conclusions.

Monitor switching:
In the "Well duh!" section (which I attribute to my ever continuing
post-vaccine brain fog):
The monitors have DVI and DP inputs (and VGA, but obviously not the same
quality).  The dock and Linux computer have 2 (3) outputs. So no external
switches and fewer wires were required to switch monitors between
computers. Also I found the monitors have 2 assignable buttons, so I can
easily switch inputs. (Also switching the OS settings between Extend/Join
vs Duplicate/Mirror as needed.).

Keyboard/Mouse:
If you want to use software "switching" on Linux, the options appear to be
Synergy (pay) and Barrier (free).  x2vnc was an option but is no longer
developed.

However, now that I'm not worrying about (dual) monitor switching, this
opens the possibility to use almost any modern (USB) physical KVM.

Paul