Stayed up way too late looking at things, but I'm not sure one of my goals
is possible with current dual monitor KVM switches. All the ones I have
seen say that they switch both monitors to the selected computer. I.e. you
can't choose computer 1 on monitor A and computer 2 on monitor B. They
would always be dual monitors on the same computer.

Paul