Doug wrote:
> New module?  No, that is just not the way CVS is supposed to be used.
> Maybe a seperate branch if radical changes are going to be made, but
> HEAD is the appropriate place for most development.

Yes, that is correct.  I've worked quite a bit with CVS in the recent
past and find it an invaluable tool for managing multiple branches and
versions of a given piece of software.  "Modules" in general refer to a
subdirectory of a program rather than a version or branch of that
program.  Regardless, we don't need to get wrapped up in word semantics.

Branching can be implemented fairly easily, especially if you follow a
few basic assumptions:

    * The main development branch is HEAD
    * Merging branches are based on minor version numbers

        BRANCH_0_8
        BRANCH_1_0

    * Other branches can be used, but should be labeled well

        BRANCH_1_0_BUGFIX_67728

    * The key to using CVS with branching really lies in consistent and
      discriptive use of tags, both the branching and standard types.

--
Chad Walstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' [EMAIL PROTECTED])