Ken Hornstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >Shantonu Sen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >Er, no, it wasn't just "my perception".  The new date parsing code
> >incorrectly interprets many unofficial but widely-used textual timezones,
> >like "JST" (Japanese Standard Time).
>
> If you think that it's _that_ important to have correct date handling for
> non-standard timezones that don't even seem to be used anymore ...

They are still used.  I still get mail from Japanese colleagues with the JST
timezone.  I'm sure I could find current instances of the other
no-longer-functioning zones as well, if I looked for them.

> well, I guess I don't even know what to say in regards to that,

No need to be so dramatic.  You deleted the portion of my mail where I said
that since the 1.0.5 release has lagged so long, I was no longer going to
insist we restored the lost date-parsing ability prior to the release.

> other than to point out that opimizing nmh behavor for _old_ mail seems to
> be self-defeating.

Who said anything about *optimizing* it for old mail?  I just want it to
still work properly on old mail.  I don't think a small increase in
portability is worth removing long-standing and important functionality.

--
Dan Harkless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]