Claire,

It is the traditional assumption that BOV variance does not change with occasion (an assumption implemented with the SAME option). But it would be quite reasonable to look for BOV variance that is different from occasion to occasion eg. BOV in F might be relatively low soon after starting treatment in hospital but increase as patients became more active and had more interesting meals at home.
So its a modelling choice that you can test in the usual way based on OFV.

BTW in the example below if you want to use BOV on F1 the code should be F1=POPF1*EXP(ETA(F1)+BOVF1) where POPF1 would typically be set to 1 (unless you had a better idea of what the actual mean bioavailability of oral doses was) and ETA(F1) is the ETA for BSV of F1.

Nick