Good thinking, Drew. In fact, it's excellent thinking. Thanks, stuff
just suddenly clicked into place here! :D

I do believe you solved my problem. I kinda had the nagging feeling
that assigning account transfers to an income bucket felt "wrong"
somehow, yet I couldn't quite explain to myself how. You just did. :)
With a new paycheck coming this friday, I now feel confident that I'll
be able to get it right this time. ;)