No one augments Object.prototype in the browser because if you do
everything dies. "Don't use Object.prototype" is a much better rule than
"write ridiculous guards on every loop". Libraries don't just sneak into
your project you have to put them there and it will be very apparent if you
ever run across one that touches O.proto. And it also won't be a very
popular library. And it will also be easy to fix.