I've been a CGI programmer for 16 years. I have used python for the
last 9. I currently use javascript for client-side programming. I am
interested in using node.js for server-side programming.

I've done a little googling on CGI interfaces for node, but I am
finding *too* much information.

I am including an untested pseudo-code based on python. With that as
a reference, I would welcome some javascript code which would work
similarly:
code follows
#!/usr/bin/python
import cgilib   ## my cgi module
import mvcLoader as load  ## handles importing controller modules
## script loader.py (the executable 'parent' module)
## is the post action for a form which
## accepts an email address and a password as input fields named
## "email" and "password".
## loader.py has a virtual document path that has as path part 0
## a key for the controller that will be `import'ed by the parent module.
## the post action might look like this:
## "http://localhost/cgi-bin/loader.py/auth";
if __name__=="__main__":
    ## instantiate the cgi object and in doing so,
    ## process the CGI environment
    cgi = cgilib.Cgi()
    ## print the mime-type header
    cgi.header('text')
    ## Retrieve the values POSTed for 'email' and 'password'
    user = cgi["email"]
    pwd = cgi["password"]
    ## Retrieve the key for the controller module which will then be imported
    ## by the load.controller() method
    controller_key = cgi[0]
    controller = load.controller(cgi[0])
    ## And the rest of the work happens below
    ## in the imported controller module
    controller.process(user,pwd)
The intent and mechanics of my mvcLoad module should not be relevant
to this dicussion. What is relevant is allegories to
cgi[keyname]
and
cgi[virtual_document_path_index]

I hope that the example makes my question clear. I don't expect
anyone to "roll their own" tutorial, but URLs to discussions
on similar node interfaces would be most helpful.

TIA
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com