Yeah, You should read up nodejs.org & tutorials / blogs to learn more ;)

danmilon.

On 07/09/2012 12:54 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
* Dan Milon <danmi...@gmail.com> [120708 10:27]:
You wouldn't use node as a cgi script (at least for the web part).
Technically you can, but you would lose all the benefits
(async/nonblocking io) since you let apache or any http server for the
matter enforce the concurrency model. Afaik, the cgi server will pull up
node processes for each request, which is overkill (startup times) or
pool them but things will get complex.

As it concerns network/http related scripts, its a big no no, unless you
cant replace the http server in your stack, and really need to use node
(which is a silly case)
If you have to use cgi, i suggest you keep using php/python.
   :) python is not PHP ... and my question was pretty much
   rhetorical. I don't know much about the origin of node, I ended up
   with it in the process of getting csslint installed - so it is all
   new to me.
Why dont you use node as the server also? (not only processing requests)
   Ah! So node was developed to as a 'serving' tool as opposed to a
   'scripting' tool?

   thanks for the reply