* Dan Milon <danmi...@gmail.com> [120708 10:27]:
> You wouldn't use node as a cgi script (at least for the web part).
> Technically you can, but you would lose all the benefits
> (async/nonblocking io) since you let apache or any http server for the
> matter enforce the concurrency model. Afaik, the cgi server will pull up
> node processes for each request, which is overkill (startup times) or
> pool them but things will get complex.
>
> As it concerns network/http related scripts, its a big no no, unless you
> cant replace the http server in your stack, and really need to use node
> (which is a silly case)
> If you have to use cgi, i suggest you keep using php/python.
  :) python is not PHP ... and my question was pretty much
  rhetorical. I don't know much about the origin of node, I ended up
  with it in the process of getting csslint installed - so it is all
  new to me.
> Why dont you use node as the server also? (not only processing requests)
  Ah! So node was developed to as a 'serving' tool as opposed to a
  'scripting' tool?

  thanks for the reply

--
Tim