Totally agree, but I'm not even done the server-side yet. :)  I'm not even
entirely sure what the client library should do yet (beyond the standard
http stuff like request or super-agent do), and the only consumers of the
API I've written with it are in ruby and erlang, so I'm even a little
language agnostic for client libs.