On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Phoscur <phos...@pheelgood.net> wrote:
> What's the harm in adding this alias to node?
> I remember myself running into this (as not everyone knows posix calls by
> heart) and posting on this list.

José is right, this would be a smell.

Also, the fs docs are pretty clear.  It could be more explicit that
you can call `man 3 readdir` or `man 2 open` to see the manual pages.
But changing it at this point will not happen.

This is a bikeshed.  A decision was made ages ago.  There's no reason
to change it.  But because it's a trivial thing, everyone feels like
they should share their valuable opinion.

There's a few people who still haven't weighed in on this thread,
though.  Once all the Node users have voted, then we can be completely
sure how many people will be upset that the fs lib isn't ever going to
change its naming conventions.  ;)