On Dec 30, 2012, at 14:33, Mark Hahn wrote:

>> how many people will be upset that the fs lib isn't ever going to
>> change its naming conventions.
>
> We aren't asking for a change.  We are asking for a harmless addition.  It
> will break nothing and cause no grief.  If you take a vote then everyone who
> has them memorized, and doesn't care about those who don't, will vote against
> the addition.

My feeling is that having two functions that do exactly the same thing serves
no purpose other than to confuse newcomers who will be expending energy trying
to figure out what the difference between the two functions is. I already spend
enough time trying to understand developers' clever little JavaScript tricks
that they've peppered their modules with, without having to also remember a
list of function aliases.